Saturday, February 10, 2007

Doubt

If there is one thing that I wish could be publicized more it would be doubt. In my belief there is nothing more valuable to a human soul then doubt. But isn’t doubt what puts seeds of evil in your head and heart leading you away from the church? Quite to the contrary if it is nurtured and cultivated it can lead to gigantic spiritual breakthroughs. Would the United States be in existence if the Founding Fathers didn’t doubt the Royal Family? Would the Church have ever experienced the reformation if those involved hadn’t doubted the church of the time? From my experience the doubts we have are very well founded and should be explored intelligently to increase our belief. If we are told to blindly believe for the sake of believing rather then to experience things for what they are our belief will stay stagnant and what we believe we have can never be one tenth of what it could be. In my life I have had doubts I have pushed limits, but I never try to do so just because. This is important in doubt and one thing that I think is over looked. If you just go out and do crazy things because they feel good or because you wanted to see how it would affect someone else then you are exploring your doubt the wrong way. Doubt should be explored scientifically. With prudence and intelligence, until you become grounded in where your doubt led you.

No comments: